We all love pancakes, don’t we? But as I was looking for a healthier way to recreate this delicious recipe I decided to add some yummy but healthier solution than chocolate and peanut butter so I decided to mix things a little bit and play with my favorite fruits: berries! Here comes my easy to follow recipe that is going to make the whole family happy… kids included!
- 150 g of flour
- 2.5 ml of fresh milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder for cakes
- 2 eggs
- 450 g mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, and ribes)
- 200 ml of whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar
- 80 g of honey
Prepare the batter
- Separate the yolks from the whites and put the latter in the snow with a pinch of salt, helping with the electric whisk.
- Sift the flour in a bowl with the yeast, add the egg yolks, the milk, 40g of honey, 40g of melted butter and a pinch of salt.
- Mix the ingredients with the whisk, in order to obtain a smooth and homogeneous batter.
- Embed the egg whites until stiff, helping with a spatula and with movements from the bottom to the top.
- Let the batter rest in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
Make the sauce
- Peel the twigs of the berries and wash the fruit quickly with raspberries and blueberries.
- Arrange the remaining honey in the large non-stick pan with 2-3 tablespoons of water.
- Cook over a low heat for 1 minute, stirring and add 2/3 of the berries and continue cooking for another 3-4 minutes.
- Mix everything into the mixer and, if you want, pass the sauce obtained through a sieve with a thick mesh, to eliminate the seeds.
- Add the cream with icing sugar.
Cook and serve.
- Heat a knob of butter in the small non-stick pan.
- Pour one ladle of batter and spin the pan well, to distribute the mixture homogeneously and thus form a disc of about 8 cm in diameter.
- Cook the pancake for about 2 minutes per side and transfer it to a plate.
- Grease the pan with butter and continue to cook the pancakes until the batter is finished.
- As they are ready, stack them on top of each other and serve them with the prepared sauce, the cream and the berries on top.
The Berry Godmother – your source for everything Berry!