Dessert pairings don’t get much better than chocolate and berries, but this recipe elevates the already dynamic duo. Simply use your favorite brownie mix for the ‘crust’, whip up a chocolate cream cheese spread and arrange the berries however you wish! Although simple, this dessert pizza will surely impress.
- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 oz. chopped semisweet chocolate
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Vegetable oil
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease your pan with vegetable oil. A giant cookie pan works best but you can also use any dark nonstick pan.
- Prepare brownie mix according to the instructions provided.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- Set aside to cool then transfer to a platter.
- Create a double boiler by fitting a glass bowl over a saucepan of boiling water. Water should not touch the bowl.
- Melt the chocolate and heavy cream in the bowl while stirring until creamy and uniform in color. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Fold the chocolate and cream mixture into the cream cheese until well combined. Refrigerate until firm.
- Spread over the brownie.
- Arrange berries as desired.
- Cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to cut into wedges and serve. Garnish with mint if desired.
The Berry Godmother – your source for everything Berry!