There’s no denying that our beloved berries become even sweeter when surrounded by chocolate. The combination makes an undeniably delicious (and sometimes dangerous) pairing. In this recipe for chocolate cups, we’ve got a perfect balance of berry texture, berry flavor, and rich chocolate that everybody will love. And yes, we could talk about the benefits of the ingredients – flavonoids in the chocolate, or antioxidants in the berries, etc – but at the end of the day, the deliciousness of these cups is all we care about. Your guests, your kids, and your neighbors – they will love em! We guarantee it!
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 8 tbsp cacao powder
- 4 tbsp agave
- 100g strawberries
- 100g frozen mixed berries
- 1 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp agave/brown rice syrup
- 2 tsp Arctic Berries Cranberry Powder and/0r Blackcurrant Powder
- For the jam, heat the berries in a saucepan with a splash of water over a medium heat and allow these to melt down into a berry compote.
- Stir in the chia seeds, sweetener, and Arctic Berries powder and remove from the heat to cool.
- To make the chocolate, gently melt the coconut oil until liquid. Stir in the cacao powder and agave, so that you’re left with a smooth and creamy texture.
- Pour a little of the mixture into the base of cupcake cases (I find that silicone ones work best for this) and place these into the freezer to set.
- Add a dollop of the jam into the center of each of the cups, then cover each of these in the remaining chocolate.
- Leave these in the freezer for 2 hours to allow the chocolate to completely set, then serve and dig in!
The Berry Godmother – your source for everything Berry!