This will wet your whistle! A deliciously fresh strawberry margarita will ‘wow’ your guests, and probably have them asking for a second round. These are great on a hot summer day. We like to place a few whole strawberries on top or sliced to hang off the rim. If you enjoy a stronger tequila taste you can float a little extra on top just before the drink is served.
Can be served with or without alcohol.
For strawberry simple syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
For the cocktail:
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 fluid ounces tequila
- 2 fluid ounce lime juice
- 1/2 fluid ounce triple sec
- 1/2 fluid ounce simple syrup
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 wedge lime (optional)
- 2 teaspoon white sugar (or salt – optional)
For the strawberry syrup:
- Place everything saucepan on medium heat. Get the mixture to a simmer and cook for 4-5 minutes until the berries are soft and the sugar dissolves.
- Remove the syrup from heat, and set it aside to let it cool. Then, strain the syrup and remove the solid berry pieces. Note: any extra syrup can be kept in a jar in the fridge and used at a later date.
For the cocktails:
- On a side plate, pour a healthy amount of the sugar (or salt – whatever you prefer). Rub the lime wedge around the rim of the glasses, and then dip the rim of your margarita glasses on the sugar plate – giving it a little spin. Shake off the excess, and then fill each glass with ice, and set aside.
- Blend strawberries, tequila, lime juice, triple sec, and 1 ounce of simple sugar in a blender for approx 10 seconds. Taste – for sweeter add more simple sugar as desired. Add ice cubes and blend on high until the ice is crushed about 15 seconds.
- Pour into the sugared glasses, add a whole strawberry or two for garnish, and serve.
The Berry Godmother – your source for everything Berry!