This dish screams fresh and is one you really want to get into. Salmon is a quality ingredient that speaks for itself but topping it with a blueberry-pineapple salsa makes the fish even more delectable. The salsa adds a refreshing contrast to the rich flavor and texture of salmon while ensuring that it’s just as appealing to the eyes as it is to the taste buds.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless salmon fillets
- 1 small jalapeno, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- ½ tbsp honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Juice of 1 lime
- Black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Make the salsa by combining the jalapeno, pineapple, blueberries, red onion, honey, cilantro and lime juice.
- Stir, cover with plastic and refrigerate to allow the flavors to meld.
- Rinse the salmon fillets, pat dry and run your fingers along each fillet to check for pin bones. If you find any, remove with tweezers and discard.
- Generously season both sides of each fillet with salt and black pepper as well as the chili powder and cumin.
- Lightly grease a grill or grill pan with vegetable oil. Heat over medium.
- Place fillets on the hot grill/grill pan and cook for 4 minutes per side or until fish easily flakes with a fork.
- Remove from the grill and plate.
- Top with the salsa, serve and enjoy.
The Berry Godmother – your source for everything Berry!