Light, bright, fresh and colorful pretty much sums up this recipe. Fish and cabbage are a common combination but the element of this dish that really makes it pop is the strawberry mango salsa. Along with lending its vibrant hues, the fruit adds sweetness to the otherwise savory recipe, especially the strawberries. They bring this lovely tart/sweet balance, are delightfully juicy and there’s just something so satisfying about strawberries paired with the mild sweet tasting fish. You are going to love it!
- 8-ounces fresh strawberries, hulled and cut into ½ inch chunks
- 1 Ripe mango, peeled, pitted and cut into ½ inch chunks
- 1 Jalapeño or serrano chili, seeded and minced
- 2 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- Combine the strawberries and mango in a bowl with the minced chili and lime juice. Set aside.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high.
- Brush each halibut fillet with olive oil and generously season with salt and black pepper.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn and continue to cook for 4-5 more minutes. Fish should easily flake with a fork.
- Meanwhile, transfer shredded cabbage to a platter.
- Place fish on top of the cabbage when done.
- Top the fish with the strawberry mango salsa and serve.
The Berry Godmother – your source for everything Berry!