Sweetly aromatic, this spring salad with feta and berries is a perfect recipe for spring and summer and can be served as a light starter or in place of the first in the days when it is very hot. It’s a joy for eyes and palate. Detoxifying, draining and with a truly important vitamin content, thanks to the presence of rocket, valerian, and precious berries: raspberries and blackberries in this case.
They should never be lacking in our diet. They are so good, sweet and protect us from many diseases and aging. Berries are good for the heart, they help keep the weight under control thanks to their ability to burn fat and fight inflammation, plus they are an important source of folic acid.
Serve this healthy and delicious spring salad with a glass of prosecco or rosé sparkling wine. Let’s see how we can prepare this fresh, good and multi-vitamin salad with berries.
- 3 cups of mixed greens leaves, such as lettuce, rocket, spinach, Arugula, etc.
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 1/2 cup of strawberries
- 1/4 cup of walnuts kernels
- 1/4 cup of dried cranberries
- 300 g of feta cheese
- 2 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Extra nuts and seeds (optional)
- Clean the mixed green leaves, remove the damaged leaves and soak them in very cold water, changing it 2-3 times. Dry them with a cloth or with the appropriate tool.
- Clean the strawberries, rinse and put them to dry on absorbent kitchen paper, then remove the crown of leaves and cut into slices, horizontally.
- Put the blueberries in a colander and wash, rinse and arrange to dry on kitchen paper towels.
- Open the feta packaging, rinse it under cold running water to remove the salt and dry it with absorbent paper, then crumble it coarsely.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper into a jar with the screw cap. Close with the lid and shake with energy, until a well-mixed sauce is obtained.
- Sprinkle with the vinaigrette and serve immediately. Top with feta and berries.
Note: You can add some nuts or seeds on top for a crunchy touch and for some seriously healthy combination.
The Berry Godmother – your source for everything Berry!