Salads for dinner are great. The key is making the salad a hearty one to ensure it satisfies and satiates. This strawberry mango chicken spinach salad does that and more. The sweetness of the strawberries paired with the bright tartness of fresh mangos complements one another very well while bringing an otherwise basic chicken and spinach salad to life.
- 3 cups baby spinach, packed
- 2 cups Arugula, packed
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 mango, chopped
- 1 ½ cups quartered strawberries
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Juice of half an orange
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Black pepper
- In a large bowl, rinse the spinach with cold water, drain and set aside.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
- Place chicken into a bowl or zipper bag along with the garlic cloves, lemon juice, and soy sauce.
- Toss to ensure that the chicken is coated and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and season generously on both sides with salt and black pepper.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a large pan and heat over medium.
- Place the chicken into the pan and cook for about 10 minutes (5 mins per side).
- Reduce heat to low and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set the chicken aside to rest.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Transfer the spinach and arugula to a large salad bowl with the chopped mango and strawberries.
- Slice the chicken and add to the salad.
- Drizzle as much as desired onto the salad and toss.
- Serve and Enjoy.
The Berry Godmother – your source for everything Berry!