Small, colorful, tasty and rich in vitamins: we are talking about those small but delicious fruits berries, excellent when consumed fresh, they are a perfect raw material to make juices, jams, preserves. Here is a nice idea to make some healthy preservatives free biscuits. I am already in love with the idea of combining berries with orange peel and almond essence and together we are going to create a recipe with excellent result, easy to prepare, a little ‘long waiting times: for a good result at least 6 hours to let the dough cool in the fridge. Then in the oven and your biscuits are ready to eat with tea or to give as gifts in a tin box, in which they will be kept even for 4-5 days.
Ingredients for 25 biscuits
- Blueberries 90 gr
- Granulated sugar 145 gr (+ a few tablespoons before baking)
- Butter 230 gr
- 2 vials of almond flavor
- Flour 290 gr
- Grated rind of 1 orange
- Half-orange juice
- A pinch of salt
How to make blueberry biscuits
- Prepare all the ingredients on the work surface.
- Put in the mixer 3 tablespoons of sugar (taken from the 145 gr of caster sugar) and the berries, chop everything and keep aside.
- Put the flour, the pinch of salt and the remaining sugar in the clean mixer, operate the mixer until a sandy grain is obtained.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl, add the chopped red fruits, the almond flavor, the half orange juice, the grated rind of an orange and mix first in the mixer and then knead first with a spoon and then pour the hands the dough on a sheet of parchment paper, or on a smooth surface.
- Create a sausage 4 cm in diameter.
- Wrap the sausage in a sheet of transparent film, and place on a tray in the fridge for at least 4-5 hours. I let it cool all night.
- Preheat the fan oven to 160 ° (325 degrees, otherwise static at 335 °). Remove the film from the dough that, by now cold, can be cut easily and without ruining the shape.
- Cut the biscuits to a thickness of 1 cm (when cooking, the thickness will shrink and widen a little).
- Past each biscuit in a saucer with the granulated sugar.
- Place the biscuits on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper spaced out the biscuits (in cooking they will widen).
- Bake in a static oven at 160 ° (325 degrees) for 13-15 minutes.
The Berry Godmother – your source for everything Berry!